The secret is creating a special shortcut that you can pin to the taskbar that points to the recycle bin:
- Right click anywhere on your desktop and select New and then shortcut.
- In the location of the item box type in:
- Click Next.
- For the name type in Recycle Bin.
- Then click Finish.
- Now your shortcut will be created but it will not have the right icon. Right click on the shortcut, select Properties. Then, click Change Icon
- Change the icon file to:
Hit Enter and select the Recycle Bin Icon and click OK.
- Finally, drag the new shortcut onto the taskbar and it will be pinned directly. Once the shortcut is pinned, you can delete the original on the desktop.